LINES OF AUTHORITY: This position is supervised by the Administrative Support Supervisor. Unless specifically designated, this position does not supervise any other personnel.
POSITION SUMMARY: The main function of this position is answering phones, taking requests for services, greet and check in clients, and schedule Behavioral Health Medical Practitioner (BHMP) and clinician appointments.
1. Answers phones, route calls, take messages.
2. Greets and check in clients for appointments and assists client with available resources in the community.
3. Fills out request for services and input in computer and run AHCCCS eligibility.
4. Schedules appointments for the BHMP and clinical staff.
5. Screens and provides other service programs when required.
6. Collects co-payments and payments.
7. Provides customer service to internal and external customers and stakeholders.
8. Participates in the Performance Improvement Processes in the Clinic.
9. The employee must work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines, and the employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
10. Able to effectively de-escalate clients using techniques as trained and outlined in approved crisis intervention models.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
? Internal contact with all work staff
? Frequent contact with clients and community
Qualifications and Experience
? High School Diploma or GED
? Age 21 or older
? One year experience as a customer service representative or like position dealing in a high volume customer contact in a medical setting or customer focused profession such as retail, hotel and restaurant services
? Current fingerprint card or the ability to obtain one free of restrictions
? Valid AZ driver's license and current automobile insurance
? Computer, Windows office program experience, answering phones for a multi-line system
? Customer service skills
? Dealing with the public in an office setting
? Understand and follow instructions
? Perform multiple tasks
? Work independently
? Able to prioritize tasks
? Ability to drive a company vehicle
? Able to sit for extended periods of time
? Frequent reaching and occasional kneeling
? Able to enter data for extended periods
? Able to lift up to 35 to 40 lbs
? Must be available for travel
? PC, telephone, fax, 10-key, copier
? Air conditioned and/or heated office setting.
Mohave Mental Health Clinic will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list and special requirements in our job descriptions.