LINES OF AUTHORITY:
This position is supervised by the Director of Nursing and is indirectly supervised by the shift supervisors. Unless specifically designated, this position does not supervise any other personnel.
Provide care and safety to children and adults placed in the Level I Subacute Facility (SAF). Care includes providing a therapeutic and educational program via Educational Protocols, assisting with recreational programs of clients and careful monitoring and reporting to shift supervisors the client's behavior.
1. Completes all assigned tasks as scheduled by shift supervisors AEB (as evidenced by) Daily Assignment Sheet, Direct Observation, and Individual Supervision Log.
2. Monitors and reports to shift supervisors client' behavior. AEB Direct Observation and Individual Supervision Log.
3. Works with clients individually and in groups to explore problems, offer support provide instruction and coaching about basic living skills. AEB Daily Assignment Sheets, Activity / Group / Educational Logs, and Individual Supervision Log.
4. Assists staff with activities and recreational programs offered to clients. AEB Daily Assignment Sheet, Direct Observation, Activity / Group / Educational Logs, and Individual Supervision Log.
5. Supervises clients both within the facility and during outside activities to ensure their safety and to identify and effectively intervene in crisis situations as evidenced by a lack of Critical Incident Reports.
6. Observes and documents client activities and behaviors, noting staff interventions provided, the client's response to the interventions and the client's progress toward treatment goals. Competency is measured by review of daily documentation on the Activity / Group / Educational Logs.
7. Keeps SAF unit(s) safe, clean and comfortable for both clients and staff.
8. Works with shift supervisors in monitoring the unit(s) for compliance of safety issues and infection control. AEB Annual Attendance & Post Test Universal Precautions/ Blood Borne Pathogens In-service, Daily Assignment Sheet, Shower Disinfection Sheet, Daily Premise Checklist and Direct Observation.
9. Ensures that educational protocols addressed in individual service plans for each client are completed each shift. AEB Daily Assignment Sheet, Activity / Group / Educational Logs, and Individual Supervision Log.
10. The employee must work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors. AEB Daily Assignment Sheet, Daily Premise Checklist, Individual Supervision Log, and nomination for Employee of the Year Award.
11. Provides customer service to internal and external customers and stakeholders. AEB Direct Observation, Attendance at Inservices, Completion of HSW Competency Test , Completion of Seclusion & Restraint Competency Test(every 6 months), and Completion of Seclusion & Restraint Physical Application Competency Test (every 6 months), Current Certificate CPR and First Aid (annual) , Current Food Handlers Card, Current Certification CTC Training (refresher course every 6 months) and resigning of Staff Unit Rules Annually.
12. Participates in the Performance Improvement Processes in the Clinic. AEB attendance at QM Department In-service, Attendance and Participation SAF Staff Meetings, Attendance and Participation at Daily Shift Debriefings and Individual Supervision Logs.
13. Performs other duties as assigned. AEB Direct Observation and Individual Supervision Logs.
14. Able to effectively de-escalate clients using techniques as trained and outlined in approved crisis intervention models.
Qualifications and Experience:
REQUIREMENTS FOR SPECIAL POPULATIONS:
Persons conducting assessments and/or providing treatment and/ or supervision for special populations are able, through training and experience as well as through agency-specific observation or competency testing of performance to:
Staff responsible for providing services to chemically dependent members has appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Staff must be able to gather and assess information about:
Staff must also demonstrate competency in their ability to:
CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
Staff responsible for providing services to child and adolescent members have appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
SERIOUSLY MENTALLY ILL
Staff responsible for providing services to seriously mentally ill members has appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Staff responsible for providing services to mentally retarded/developmentally disabled members has appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Mohave Mental Health Clinic will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job descriptions.