LINES OF AUTHORITY: This position is supervised by the attending Licensed Medical Practitioner(s) and/or Medical Director. Unless specifically designated, this position does not supervise any personnel.
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary function of this position is to provide enrolled clients of Mohave Mental Health Clinic, Inc.'s Outpatient Clinic with outpatient injections and to draw labs as ordered by MMHC Licensed Medical Practitioner(s), physician assistants and nurse practitioners. In addition, the RN is responsible for maintaining the correct count of all sample and indigent medications at their assigned site. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to, stocking, coding and dating said medications and pulling all outdated medications at their site, and forwarding for proper disposal.
1. Draw labs as ordered by MMHC Licensed Medical Practitioner(s)as evidenced by lab requisitions and SALs.
2. Give outpatient injections as ordered by Licensed Medical Practitioner(s) as evidenced by SALs and chart documentation.
3. Take off Doctor's orders or take verbal orders from the Licensed Medical Practitioner(s). Fax order sheet to MMHC Pharmacy as evidenced by daily order sheet.
4. Dispensing of medication samples as directed by Licensed Medical Practitioner(s) and as evidenced by entries in log book.
5. Maintain inventory of sample and indigent medications at assigned site as evidenced by direct observation, running inventory of sample medications and indigent medications.
6. Notifying client of lab results as directed by Licensed Medical Practitioner(s) as evidenced by doctors' initials on test results.
7. Provide customer service to internal and external customers and stakeholders as evidenced by direct observation. As evidenced by blood draw competency test and completion of nurse medication test.
8. Participate in the Performance Improvement Processes in the Clinic as evidenced by review of meeting minutes.
9. The employee must work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors as evidenced by direct observation and personal interviews.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Abel to effectively de-escalate clients using techniques as trained and outlined in approved crisis intervention models.
Qualifications and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
REQUIREMENTS FOR SPECIAL POPULATIONS: Persons conducting assessments and/or providing treatment and/ or supervision for special populations are able, through training and experience as well as through agency-specific observation or competency testing of performance to:
Staff responsible for providing services to chemically dependent members have appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Staff must be able to gather and assess information about:
Staff must also demonstrate competency in their ability to:
CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
Staff responsible for providing services to child and adolescent members have appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
SERIOUSLY MENTALLY ILL
Staff responsiblefor providing services to seriously mentally ill members have appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Staff responsible for providing services to members with intellectual disabilities have appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Fax, copy machine and company vehicles.
Air conditioned and/ or heated office setting.
Air conditioned and/or heated company vehicles.
Mohave Mental Health Clinic, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodations as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job description.