LINES OF AUTHORITY: This position is supervised by the Nursing Manager. Indirectly supervised by R.N. shift supervisor.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide care and safety to patients in Pathways Hospital. Care includes dispensing medications as ordered by MMHC (Mohave Mental Health Clinic) physician, performing Accu-Cheks, and providing a therapeutic and educational program via Educational Protocols.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides care and safety to patients in the Hospital, as evidenced by Direct Observation, Current Arizona License, Current CPR Certificate (annual), and Current Certification CTC Training (refresher course every 6 months).
2. Makes assignments for staff under the supervision of the R.N. shift supervisor on duty. AEB Direct Observation and Daily Assignment Sheets.
3. Works with R.N. shift supervisors to monitor unit(s) for compliance of safety issues and infection control. AEB Annual Attendance and Post Test Universal Precautions/ Blood Borne Pathogens Inservice and Direct Observation.
4. Provides customer service to internal and external customers and stakeholders .AEB Direct Observation, Individual Supervision Log ,Completion of LPN Competency Test, Completion of Seclusion & Restraint Competency Test (annual) , Completion of Nurse Medication Test, Completion of Accu-Chek Competency Test (annual), and Completion of Seclusion & Restraint Physical Application Competency Test ( every 6 months) and Completion of pain Assessment Competency Test (annual) and Resigning Staff Unit Rules annually.
5. Participates in the Performance Improvement Processes in the Clinic. AEB Attendance at QM Department Inservice, Attendance and Participation in PHF/KPHF Nurse's Meeting (monthly) Attendance and Participation in the Level 1 Sub Acute Facility Monthly Staff Meeting.
6. Ensures that Treatment Plan and Treatment Plan Review(s) are current and address patient specific needs, problems and goals. AEB Audit of all Level 1 Sub Acute Facility Charts ( DON or Designee), and Individual Supervision Logs.
7. The employee must work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors. AEB Daily Assignment Sheet, nomination for ATeam Player of Quarter' Award, nomination for A Above and Beyond Award, Press- Ganey Survey, Direct Observation, and Individual Supervision Logs.
8. Performs other duties as assigned. AEB Direct Observation and Individual Supervision Logs.
9. Able to effectively de-escalate patients using techniques as trained and outlined in approved crisis intervention models.
Interaction with patients and their families/significant others, peers,
subordinates, supervisors and other community medical staff.
Qualifications and Experience
Current and valid Arizona Board of Licensed Practical Nursing license and current CPR Certification.
Have no convictions for felonies or misdemeanor involving substance abuse, sexual misbehavior or assault.
Arizona fingerprint/certified. Lack of certification status as per Licensing standards is grounds for immediate dismissal.
L.P.N. must be able to calibrate and perform Accu-Cheks as per MMHC policy, which includes doing a return demonstration in orientation and annually thereafter.
1-3 years experience in Psychiatric Health Nursing.
Possess good Active Learning skills.
Possess Learning Strategies skills.
Possess Monitoring skills.
Possess excellent Social Perceptiveness skills.
Possess good Critical Thinking skills.
Possess good Speaking skills.
Possess good Writing skills.
Possess excellent Active Listening skills.
Possess good Reading Comprehension skills.
Possess excellent Time Management skills.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SPECIAL POPULATIONS
Persons conducting assessments and/or providing treatment to special populations are able, through training and experience as well as through agency-specific observation or testing of performance to:
Staff responsible for providing services to chemically dependent members have appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Staff must be able to gather and assess information about:
The relationship of each member's physical status to the dependence.
The nature of the emotional compulsion to use alcohol and/or other drugs.
The intensity of the member's preoccupation with using alcohol/and/or other drugs.
Staff must also demonstrate competency in their ability to:
Interpret information about a member's use of alcohol and/or other drugs.
Develop a written summary and/or treatment plan based on member's problems and needs;
Provide appropriate services.
CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
Staff responsible for providing services to child and adolescent members have appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Staff demonstrate knowledge of growth and development of children and adolescents.
Staff demonstrate their ability to develop treatment plans and services based on member's problem and needs.
Staff demonstrate knowledge and skill in working with family systems.
SERIOUSLY MENTALLY ILL
Staff responsiblefor providing services to seriously mentally ill members have appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Staff have knowledge and ability to gather and interpret information about seriously mentally ill members.
Staff understand the member's needs and the range, intensity, and duration of care, habilitation and rehabilitation required.
Staff responsible for providing services to members with intellectual disabilities have appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Staff have knowledge and ability to gather and interpret information about a member with an intellectual disability.
Staff understand the member's needs and the range, intensity, and duration of care, habilitation or rehabilitation required.
Able to sit and walk for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting (40 lbs) and reaching.
Able to read and understand chart documents and other written communications.
Position may require assisting clients in ambulating, eating and activities of daily living or assisting other medical staff in the installation of restraints.
Must be comfortable dealing with mentally ill or intoxicated individuals.
Telephone, fax, copier, preferred Windows office programs, company vehicle, blood spinner, weigh scales, blood pressure cuff.
Washer and dryer, microwave, lab printer, dishwasher, and Accu-Chek.
Inside work environment.
Mohave Mental Health Clinic will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job descriptions.