LINES OF AUTHORITY: This position is supervised by SMI Clinical Supervisor. This position does not supervise any other personnel.
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide health coaching, role modeling, and mentoring to individuals enrolled in the clinic system. Individuals in this position must be persons or family members who are or have been consumers of the behavioral health system. They will function as part of a clinical team and assist clients in achieving optimal independence in the community through supportive service provision.
1. Provides assistance to identified enrolled members to help them effectively utilize the service delivery system by assisting clinical team members in developing plans of care, identifying needs, accessing supports, partnering with professional staff, and overcoming system barriers. Competency demonstrated by direct observation, record review, role play.
2. Utilizes regular NARBHA registry reports to identify candidates for health coaching services, and effectively outreaches and engages health registry members in health coaching services. Competency demonstrated through record review and review of registry tracking reports.
3. Provide assistance to identified health registry members to help them utilize the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSM) to encourage, motivate, and support members in engaging in self-care activities to effectively cope with and manage multiple serious medical conditions. Competency demonstrated by direct observation, record review, and registry tracking review.
4. Assists enrolled members in coping with the stressors of disabling conditions by modeling and practicing recovery principles, including hope, empowerment, responsibility, mutuality and self-determination, in all activities. Competency demonstrated by direct observation, record review, and role play.
5. Demonstrates ability to teach/train CDSM curriculum and recovery tools (i.e., WRAP, Recovery Planner, etc.) as evidenced by direct observation and record review.
6. Assists clients in developing natural supports and community living as evidenced by direct observation and record review.
7. Models personal responsibility, self-advocacy, and hopefulness through appropriate self-disclosure/telling of their recovery story, how needs are respectfully met, and how a belief in themselves is maintained, as evidenced by direct observation and record review.
8. Coordinates with supervisor in establishing scheduled activities with clients, required supervision time and completion of required training as evidenced by direct observation and review of supervision and training logs.
9. Coordinates and communicates regularly with immediate supervisor and clinical team members regarding client progress. Competency demonstrated by direct observation , review of supervision Logs, and review of clinical record.
10. Completes required clinical documentation as per agency, The Joint Commission, and Northern Arizona Regional Behavioral Health Authority (NARBHA) standards and submits to supervisor in a timely manner, as evidenced by supervision logs and record review.
11. When indicated by the client, peers providing support assist in developing the plan for services. The plan for service reflects the inclusion of health coaching and peer supports as determined by the client.
12. The employee must work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors. Competency demonstrated by direct observation of employee?s behavior toward others and the ability to work under pressure during times of conflicting deadlines.
13. Provides customer service to internal and external customers and stakeholders. Competency demonstrated by direct observation, client satisfaction surveys, both written and/or verbal.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
REQUIREMENTS FOR SPECIAL POPULATIONS
Persons conducting assessments and/or providing treatment to special populations are able, through training and experience as well as through agency-specific observation or testing of performance to:
Staff responsible for providing services to chemically dependent members has appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Staff must be able to gather and assess information about:
Staff must also demonstrate competency in their ability to:
CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
Staff responsible for providing services to child and adolescent members have appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
SERIOUSLY MENTALLY ILL
Staff responsiblefor providing services to seriously mentally ill members has appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Staff responsible for providing services to mentally retarded/developmentally disabled members has appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Mohave Mental Health Clinic, Inc., will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job descriptions.